Re: Review, please ! e: [med-svn] [rapmap] branch upstream updated (5fb69ea -> b8057c0)

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 05:09:47PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:

> On 23.10.17 16:46, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > work down this list of yellow buttons (if we do not have some R
> > migration or lots of open bugs).  Everybody should just pick from our
> > tasks page some interesting target.  In most cases such upgrades are
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > really straigthforward.
>
> Args. Well. Kind of.  The problematic bits are in debian/patches.

Well, yes.  In this case.  But *in most cases* we do not have any
patches.

> I admit to have been bad at this myself, but even in the best of all
> possible cases that upstream has adopted a patch, every patch to go
> through, understand and adapt or decide to ignore - that is work. And it
> happens at the wrong place. It should be on upstream's github.

The rapmap patches are basically Debian specific to use Debian's own
libraries.  While this could be probably done by automatic detection in
cmake it seems nobody is willing to do the cmake programming work since
the patch works for us and upstream has no interest.