Re: [Outreachy] Hi all!

Dear all,

I am sorry for the late answer!  This is just an update on my last tries to get the source of tophat and run a test with sbuild ;)

As Diane suggested in the last email , i downloaded and installed (at least tried too) the sbuild package on my linux mint machine. I followed the instructions of the Debian wiki  and i also installed the libsbuild-dev. Things seemed to work up until that point.

I then followed the commands  'apt source tophat' , 'apt build-dep tophat',  'cd usr/source/tophat',  'dpkg-buildpackage', which went also well.
However, when i tried 'sudo sbuild -d unstable' , after running for a while i get an error : ​ 'E: Build failure (dpkg-buildpackage died)'.
I think the error connected to that (last lines of the log) is that :
'/usr/include/c++/7/bits/stl_pair.h:519:5: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
tophat_reports.cpp:2707:128: note:   cannot convert ‘junction_stat’ (type ‘JunctionStats’) to type ‘JunctionStats&&’
     gtf_junctions.insert(make_pair<Junction, JunctionStats>(Junction(ref_id, left_coord, right_coord, antisense), junction_stat));'

I can also send you more details if you wish (e.g the summary) , i am sorry i do not know very well how to report all these.

Finally , i would like to tell you that since my PhD thesis deadline is postponed to the end of January , i will probably won't make it to apply to the Outreach program for this round... which is really sad. However , with your permission, i would like to keep on working on running tests and get more familiar with the whole process. And hopefully i will be able to apply for Outreach's next round!

Thank you all very much,
Katerina