Re: debian/upstream/metadata: registry item for the Blends' task pages?

Hi Dylan,

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 12:17:29AM +0200, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
> > fully grasp how to get it in and - is not everything in
> > upstream/metadata something for appstream? Also, from what I got, this
> > shoud all be redistributed with the upstream source tree and not be kept
> > within Debian to the degree I got this right.
> >

> I agree that could be pushed in the appstream file instead the
> metadata file. By this way, it will be easier reused by other
> distributions.

I fully agree but this has not happened so far.  If somebody intends
to feed this metadata into appstream files please let me know and
I'll extend the UDD importer.

> Indeed, appstream and upstream/metadata seems to be redundant. We
> should probably propose new fields in the specification [1].

You have a point here.  It seems somebody needs to do the work to sort
this out.  I'm fine with adapting things in UDD.

> We can distribute the appstream file in the deb package until upstream
> redistribute it. It was what I have done with the galileo package.

In the file debian/debian/galileo.metainfo.xml I can not find the type
of information we currently maintain in debian/upstream/metadata.  Can
you provide a better example?