Re: Getting started

Hi Nikhita,

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 04:30:25PM +0530, Nikhita Damaraju wrote:
> So I'd like to get started with writing tests for RaxML. Could you please
> brief me about the tests that I could write for this package.

Sorry, I must have missed your mail.  What exactly do you mean by "brief
me".  Do you have problems wit hthe way how to write tests in general or
have you understood this and just want to know how to test the RaxML
software.  In the former case it might help to check out other example
packages (I mentioned tophat here on this list) and in the later case its
a good idea to read the manual and seek for examples of the usage and than
run this example with a sensible data set.

> As I have
> mentioned earlier, I have already had a rough look into the contents of the
> package.

Do you have more specific questions after having a look into this?

> This will be a great opportunity for me to apply my knowledge of Computer
> programming to a tool developed for biology.
>
> Looking forward to contributing and solving bugs!

:-)