Re: task pages: Moved many NGS packages from bio to bio-ngs

Hi again,

On 22.09.17 16:54, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 04:00:52PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
>>> I do not think that the effort is really moot since there is no code yet
>>> (and nobody volunteered to code this - I for myself feel not really able
>>> to since I'm lacking the biological background).  So for the moment we
>>> need to rely on manual editing.
>> Agreed.
>>
>> Should we put the auto-transfer of other-than-bio task pages from the
>> external catalogs on our agenda for the next Sprint? There should be
>> APIs out there to use for us.
> I do not understand the question:  For sure anybody can put sensible
> things on the agenda.  There is no point for discussion here.

The question was if you would like an investment of effort in that
direction.
I was asking since we also reduce the amount of control we have over it all.

>> And you should then also add all the packages that are
>> in bio-ngs but not in bio, I tend to think.
> I'm not aware that there is anything in bio-ngs that is not in bio.

I had a bit of fun on that one:

...blend-med/tasks$ for i in bio bio-ngs; do egrep -v "^[ \t]*[X#]" $i |
sed -e 's/#.*$//' -e 's%//.*$%%' | grep -v '^\t'| egrep -v "^(
|Homepage|Lice|Pkg|Resp|Comm|Why|Lang|Rem|Meta|Task|Desc|WNPP)"| tr "
:,." "\n"  | sort -u > $i.unique; done
...blend-med/tasks$ join -v 2 bio.unique bio-ngs.unique
annovar <- non-free, was on wish list
hinge
scoary
umap

It is far fewer than I had anticipated.

>> Also we may be happier by
>> tagging packages within bio rather than maintaining multiple files.
> That's the idea why we have this large bio task.  I do not think that it
> is the most practival task but at least we will not miss anything.

Got it now.

>> Anyway ... let us get complete the references to catalog(ue)s in and
>> then see how this goes.
> BTW, I added the references to the UDD query that is used in the tasks
> pages generation code.  So one further step is done to put them on the
> tasks pages.  Unfortunately I was running (again) on a strange encoding
> problem with the UDD on my developer machine (luckily not on the
> production machine) which for the moment thwarts my attempt to finalise
> the web page. :-(

Big ":-)" on my side for every bit approaching some visibility of our
catalog references.

Best,

Steffen