Re: task pages: Moved many NGS packages from bio to bio-ngs

Hi Steffen,

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 04:00:52PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > I do not think that the effort is really moot since there is no code yet
> > (and nobody volunteered to code this - I for myself feel not really able
> > to since I'm lacking the biological background).  So for the moment we
> > need to rely on manual editing.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Should we put the auto-transfer of other-than-bio task pages from the
> external catalogs on our agenda for the next Sprint? There should be
> APIs out there to use for us.

I do not understand the question:  For sure anybody can put sensible
things on the agenda.  There is no point for discussion here.

> > Moreover there is no install method any more to install NGS packages
> > (at least if we would render metapackages from the current state).
> >
> > That's why I'm tempted to restore the old bio task with all packages
> > included - at least as long as we have a better solution.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> This makes sense.

The old bio task is restored now.

> And you should then also add all the packages that are
> in bio-ngs but not in bio, I tend to think.

I'm not aware that there is anything in bio-ngs that is not in bio.

> Also we may be happier by
> tagging packages within bio rather than maintaining multiple files.

That's the idea why we have this large bio task.  I do not think that it
is the most practival task but at least we will not miss anything.

> Anyway ... let us get complete the references to catalog(ue)s in and
> then see how this goes.

BTW, I added the references to the UDD query that is used in the tasks
pages generation code.  So one further step is done to put them on the
tasks pages.  Unfortunately I was running (again) on a strange encoding
problem with the UDD on my developer machine (luckily not on the
production machine) which for the moment thwarts my attempt to finalise
the web page. :-(