Re: Bowtie segfaults in pbuilder chroot at build time (Was: Issue with new version of Bowtie)

On 21.09.17 22:42, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 07:00:27PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
>>> That looks pretty similar and no visible missing.
>> You have cowdancer - but you are right. Hm. Just because it works for me
>> without pbuilder - I know the build process takes a while but would you
>> mind much to confirm the crash when executed in your regular environment?
> If I use debuild on a machine running *testing* bowtie builds fine and
> doese not segfault.
Er - you do not run the tests, right? Example #6 should still fail.

> So either the difference is in testing <-> unstable or build on local
> machine <-> pbuilder chroot.

I run unstable, which indicates that cowbuilder (which pops up in your
ldd list)
or pbuilder causes the spontaneous crashes you are reporting.

We may have to talk back to upstream about failing example #6. ?!? I could
not see it in what you pasted from your build log - what was the first
example
that failed for you?

Cheers,

Steffen