Re: Last commit did not help (Was: [libbpp-phyl] branch master updated (85dac66 -> c4bc05c))

Dear Andreas,

That indeed did the trick, and I can now reproduce the issue. Is there a way to know what are the g++ options used in gbp buildpackage? There must be a trick there, because everything compiles fine with the same compiler otherwise :s

Best,

Julien.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Julien,

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 06:50:02AM +0200, Julien Yann Dutheil wrote:
> Dear Andreas,
>
> Ok, this is as far as I get and need a bit of help I'm afraid.
> Using pdebuilder shows no issue (apart from a few lintian warnings).
> Using gbp buildpackage --git-ignore-new however leads to a long list of
> errors starting by:

Hmmm, I have configured gbp buildpackage in a way that pdebuild is
actually used to build the package.  You can do this in ~/.gbp.conf (see
Debian Med policy for an example).  For me it looks like a broken clean
target in debian/rules when trying to build the package twice in a row.

> I: using cowbuilder as pbuilder
> dh clean
>    dh_auto_clean
>    dh_autoreconf_clean
>    dh_clean
> dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building libbpp-core using existing
> ./libbpp-core_2.3.1.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to build/src/libbpp-core.so:
> dpkg-source: error:   new version is symlink to libbpp-core.so.3
> dpkg-source: error:   old version is nonexistent
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to build/src/libbpp-core.so.3:
> dpkg-source: error:   new version is symlink to libbpp-core.so.3.0.0
> dpkg-source: error:   old version is nonexistent
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
> build/CMakeFiles/3.7.2/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_CXX.bin: binary file
> contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add
> build/CMakeFiles/3.7.2/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_CXX.bin in
> debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary i
> n the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of
> 'build/CMakeFiles/3.7.2/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_CXX.bin' will not be
> represented in diff
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
> build/CMakeFiles/3.7.2/CompilerIdCXX/a.out: binary file contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add build/CMakeFiles/3.7.2/CompilerIdCXX/a.out in
> debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in
> the debian tarball
>

> Not really sure what I'm missing.

I admit I can not reproduce this at my side.  The directory build is not
really used by the Debian packaging.  Its possibly some remaining from a
manual build you were doing.  What about manually removing the dir
build/ and trying again?

Julien Y. Dutheil, Ph-D
0 (+49) 6421 178 986

§ Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology
Molecular Systems Evolution
Department of Evolutionary Genetics
Plön -- GERMANY

§ Institute of Evolutionary Sciences - Montpellier
University of Montpellier 2 -- FRANCE