Re: [MoM] bandage

Hi Andreas

> I have checked your packaging and have some comments:

> debian/upstream/metadata
>  I simply pushed a syntax error and extended the authors
>   field which is the one that is actively used on our tasks
 >  pages[1]

Thanks for noticing the mistake and fixing it.

> debian/changelog
>   when using the suggested Debian Med template you need to
>   replace some strings like the date stamp manually by
>   the result of `date -R`.  You also need to add the package
>   name and the version.  Otherwise any attempt to build the
>   package will fail due to invalid d/changelog.

I was waiting for the ITP to go through to get the bug#, but I guess
that is not required, so I pushed it and will fill it in later.

> debian/copyright
>   I simplified this file and pushed.  The general logic is
>   that you start with some kind of general copyright paragraph
>   featuring all files
>     Files: *
>   and afterwards you specify exceptions from this.

Got it.

>   The files is just missing two paragraphs for the used
>   licenses which should specify the location of the full
>   copies of the according licenses.  (Pick your favourite
>   package as example how to specify this or ask back here
>   if it might be not clear what I mean.)

I have added them, I wasn't so sure about the GPL2 vs GPL2+ and
likewise with GPL3 vs. GPL3+. Let me know whether this is correct.

For the bandage application files, the headers of the .cpp and .h indicate
version 3 or later, but for the OGDF files, the headers mention GPL2 or 3.

> debian/doc-base:
>   This template can be most probably be removed.  I do not
>   see that the software contains any extensive documentation.

Removed

> debian/get-orig-source:
>   Please remove this template since debian/watch should work.
>   The script is only used if upstream does not follow sensible
>   rules to provide a versioned tarball.

Removed

> debian/watch
>   Please remove all commented lines except the one for Github
>   releases and make this point to
>      https://github.com/rrwick/Bandage/releases
>   Just a hint:  The debian/watch file is the first thing I'm
>   fixing to get the upstream source right via uscan to see
>   whether it can correctly download the source.

Thanks for the hint.

> debian/rules
>   After you have fixed everything (specifically the changelog
>   file) you can try to build the package.  You should read the
>   file README.md from upstream how to build.  It requires qmake
>   which you need to specify in debian/control as a Build-Depends.

Alright, that is next on my list then.

> Hope these hints are helpful and enable you to continue easily.  Feel
> free to ask here about any detail that might remain unclear.

Very useful, thanks a lot for the feedback!

With kind regards,
Cedric