Re: InVesalius new upstream version

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 10:35:40AM -0300, Thiago Franco de Moraes wrote:
> 1. Lintian reclaims about wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog: it's
> because the changelog file in InVesalius is named changelog.md. I
> thought in add this error to the lintian-overrides file. Do you think
> it's a good idea? Or there is a better way to deal with this error?

Please don't.  Please read the lintian tag's description, and the
related policy paragraph.  The upstream changelog should be installed
(compressed) as /usr/share/doc/pkg/changelog.gz, and
dh_installchangelogs it the tool you use to accomplish so.

> 2. I created a debian/source/options file with extend-diff-ignore
> option. During the package generation I'm moving the cython source
> files to another folder to compile them. This is causing errors with
> generation of diff file relative to the orig file.
> So I'm using the extend-diff-ignore to ignore these files. Am I doing
> it correctly?

That feels like something that is not as clean as it could be.  Also,
reading your description of what you are doing I believe your package
wouldn't build twice in a row (i.e. `dpkg-buildpackage &&
dpkg-buildpackage`), which is another bug.  I think what you want to do
instead is to *copy* those sources into a temporary directory that you
then remove with dh_clean.  That said, this feels like an upstream
thing, why do you need to copy/move files around before building them?
The clean target doesn't clean enough? etc etc.

Note: I haven't looked at the package at all.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :