Re: [MoM] QuPath (Was: contribution to Med-debian)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [MoM] QuPath (Was: contribution to Med-debian)
- From: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 08:02:18 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20170520090405.GH6202@an3as.eu>
- References: <20170514202211.GG23284@an3as.eu> <CAKNiqewwSUpq0YsPzqRv5q0NfGbnG4b4fM=rCcAd2qX0jQt4qg@mail.gmail.com> <CAKNiqeysCqM6A6Pa-iAQj+m1mSSK9mgcJNbBt-m6q5iYxL5Kdg@mail.gmail.com> <20170517192815.GC30781@an3as.eu> <CAKNiqeyq-+X0e03r0WS0Q7euK7MpsZ0xesFG_wmwZdYyGvqQSA@mail.gmail.com> <20170519055220.GA23039@an3as.eu> <CAKNiqez8bOKustGbxihyhD6hdiHHcEr+HA4G7e--L3LtOD15firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170520071530.GE6202@an3as.eu> <CAKNiqezhGxEad0dCEve4qXzUQbT4qcWrWX-xfpyCajAOb5wbUg@mail.gmail.com> <20170520090405.GH6202@an3as.eu>
I just realise that I failed my mentoring job to ping you about
potential problems. Are you up for continuing with this package?
If yes, please tell me what additional hints might be needed to
those I have given below.
On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 11:04:05AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Nada,
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 11:54:18AM +0300, Nada Gh wrote:
> > Thanks for your kindness :).
> You are welcome - its a principle of MoM to make sure not to offend
> newcomers. :-)
> > I had a doubt before on which files to include.
> > Well, I read that packaging should start by locating tarball files. Thus, I
> > downloaded the binary tar file.
> > Shall I compress all source files and directories in one file?
> May be the first thing is to contact upstream to provide official source
> > There are also some other files which related to maven, how can I deal with
> > them!.
> If upstream does not provide a source tarball you should write a
> get-orig-source target. The package template in SVN (see policy how to
> check this out) contains an example how to do this. Its basically
> crafting a script debian/get-orig-source.
> Just include everything that's needed to build the binaries.
> Kind regards