[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: RFP for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

On 27 January 2017 at 12:03, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
> [dropped debian-perl list from CC]
> Hi Carnė,
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 06:12:41PM +0000, Carnė Draug wrote:
>> I have attached a git patch which adds a quilt patch to the repos.
>> This change inlines the DTDs in the xml files and pdebuild now
>> succeeds.
>> If this change fixes it for debian, we can apply it upstream.
> The package builds with this patch and I have commited it to Git.
> Please note also commit 164117cc7c49036cf19dbab04e75f8e83db2dbdd which
> fixes the spelling of some text I've copied from your description.
> Please let me know whether I should wait for you fixing this upstream or
> whether I should upload with the current patch.

Please upload with the current patch.  We are currently fixing this
upstream [1] but it might take a while.  The reason is that while
fixing this we noticed there is no code to reproduce the xml files
used in the test suite (they are saved queries to e-utils).  I would
rather fix the whole issue with a script that downloads new xml and
inlines the DTDs than further distancing the xml in the repos from the
real e-utils replies.

> Thanks for your helpful contribution (I admit its not clear to me
> why you initially said you are not comfortable with the Debian
> packaging - providing a quilt patch is somehow quite close to
> beeing able to maintain the package ;-) )

When I wrote the email I wasn't comfortable.  I then spent all week at
work setting up my system and learning the Debian maintainer tools
with help from the pkg-perl team.


[1] https://github.com/bioperl/Bio-EUtilities/issues/6

Reply to: