Re: Status of python-pysam

Hi, Andreas,

على الأربعاء 25 كانون الثاني 2017 ‫00:12، كتب Andreas Tille:
> Hi Afif,
>
> I noticed some commits of yours for python-pysam version 0.10.0 which
> was released yesterday.  I also noticed that you did not added a new
> changelog entry for this.

I actually meant to commit an intermediate changelog this time, but
forgot. I did it after seeing your message come through.

>  Is this because you are sharing my suspicion
> that it might be the wrong point in time to upload this new version?

On the contrary-- this release wraps htslibe 1.3.2, which is what we
have in unstable now. This version also fixes issues building with the
version of cython we have in unstable as well, so I think it's quite
important to update it. I meant to do it tonight, but I did not get a
chance. I have just enough time probably to update python-cobra, which
also had a new release very recently.

If anybody would like to beat me to pysam, the current quilt patch
(rpath.patch) is causing a build failure. If you drop the patch, the
build succeeds, but you get the lintian error for package setting rpath.
Perhaps only some parts of the patch are unnecessary. Or a lintian
override is in order. I think the rpath is only needed for the private
library module it builds (libchtslib).

Otherwise, I think I can get to this tomorrow.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي