Re: Please provide proper screenshot for seaview (and others)

Hi Matthias,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:16:23AM +0100, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> > I just uploaded one screenshot from Upstream:
> >
> > http://doua.prabi.fr/binaries/seaview4.png
>
> If upstream already has a screenshot, how about adding some AppStream
> metadata? ;-)
> See https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/chap-Quickstart.html#sect-Quickstart-DesktopApps
> for a guide on how to write it. This will enhance the way the software
> shows up in GNOME Software and KDE Discover, and you can also get rid
> of the hint that currently exists for Seaview:
> https://appstream.debian.org/sid/main/issues/seaview.html
>
> See https://appstream.debian.org/sid/main/metainfo/seaview.html on the
> data that we have about this package in Sid.

I admit it would be really great to have AppStream metadata and I highly
appreciate this hint.

Is there any volunteer to start with seaview and check other software
for similar information.  IMHO this is an excellent task for somebody
who intends to do the first steps into the Debian Med team and I for
myself simply need to concentrate on other things - at least until
Stretch is released.

Feel free to provide the data either via VCS commits, bug report or even
mails to this list with an according attachment.

Kind regards and thanks again for this nice hint