Re: Regarding sga ...

Hi Gert,

at first sorry for the competing commits.

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 04:21:01PM +0200, Gert Wollny wrote:
> I've included the upstream patch to fix compilation with gcc-6.
> However, the package overrides the CXXFLAGS so that no debug
> information is created and the auto-debug package is empty which equals
> a lintian warning.

I admit I have ignored this warning since I had no idea how to fix it.
Overridden CXXFLAGS seem to be a sensible explanation.

> In src/configure the flags are forced to "-O3" so I was wondering
> whether this should be completely removed to make it use the usual
> Debian CXXFLAGS, or whether "-g -O3" should be provided.

I think the best idea would be to use CXXFLAGS.  If you intend to
commit a patch (for the next upload whenever it might happen) that
would be helpful.