Re: [Outreachy] predictprotein and other RostLab packages

Hi Tanya,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 04:39:18PM +0300, merlettaia wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> I added descriptions for these packages (and they are ready for upload):
>
> > librg-blast-parser-perl, librg-utils-perl,
> > librostlab, librostlab-blast,
> > libzerg, libzerg-perl,
> > profisis, rate4site.
>
> For libzerg

Uploaded.  I switched to debhelper 9 (as we should always settle to) and
also used d-shlibs (since debhelper 9 required some changes in the
install method anyway and I like to use d-shlibs which prevents you from
several errors that can occure for library packaging).

> and libzerg-perl,

Uploaded.

> I haven't fixed lintian warning
> `obsolete-url-in-packaging` yet - probably it should be overrided? Both
> libraries are available only on code.google.com archive.

I have at least removed this from debian/upstream/metadata since the
homepage field is redundant there anyway (and IMHO should not be
duplicated).

> Regarding pdb2pqr, I couldn't made it work with apbs for now, that's why
> added more detailed description in readme.test and readme.debian (it seems
> that current upstream apbs version doesn't produce files which pdb2pqr
> uses.

I've just created a new changelog paragraph to record these changes.
May be we find another reason to upload this package.

> Probably this should be considered as a bug?).

Feel free to file a bug report.

> `Reprof` isn't finished yet. There is a problem with second package's build
> - it ends with error messages and fails.

What exact message.  I can't reproduce this problem.  For me the package
builds nicely.

> For now I'll add tests for profphd, profphd-utils and profnet and try to
> fix reprof.

Fine for creating the other tests but please be more verbose on the reprof
issue to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Thanks for your work