Re: Maintaining tasks files

Hi, Andreas,

I'm sorry about my delayed response and thanks for all your efforts on
this so far!

على الجمعـة 18 آذار 2016 ‫03:48، كتب Andreas Tille:
> Hi folks,
>
> since I started working on the Debian Science tasks files which are in a
> way worse shape than the Debian Med ones I fired up my script that seeks
> for packages not yet inside the tasks files.[1]  While I added several
> uninteresting preconditions to the ignore list I also found some packages
> missing in the tasks files.  May be it makes sense if somebody else takes
> another look on the tasks files.  Specifically the bio task is quite
> crowded.  Several packages where inbetween

> comments but are now official packages.  While there is syntactically no
> need to move these around having them in sensible groups might make
> reading the task file more easy.

At least for the latter, I think it would be better if those were filed
(and tracked in our tasks page) as RFPs instead of written directly to
the tasks file. I might volunteer to do the filing for the ones I
consider relevant.

>  I admit I'm to lazy (and partly
> incompetent to find sensible groups) but since its one part of our
> infrastructure I'd be happy if these files would get some more love.
>
> Any volunteer?

I'd be happy to help with categorizing the packages, but I'm not sure it
is worthfile to shuffle them around the bio file if it doesn't make any
difference to the online view or the structure of the metapackage.

For example, I'm a bit confused by the presence of groupings in the
tasks/bio file like

X-{Begin,End}-Category: Phylogenetic analysis

while there is also a separate task file named bio-phylogeny. Should we
rather have bio depend on bio-phylogeny and just put all the phylogeny
packages in the latter file? I think this kind of division would be
helpful, as http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio is an extremely long
page. Are there any strong feelings about this?

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي