From: Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
Date: 2016-03-17 10:51 GMT+03:00
Subject: Re: Outreachy project (CI for all biological applications inside Debian)
To: merlettaia <merlettaia@gmail.com>

Hi Tanya,

thanks for your interest in the GSoC project of the Debian Med team.  I
admit I'm impressed that so many students have contacted me since I had
considered the strong focus to bioinformatics a constraint but it is
obviously not.  Your CV looks impressive and you seem to be a very good
candidate.

Since the discussion has started in public on the Debian Med mailing list
I'd recommend you simply start reading the thread beginning here:

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2016/02/msg00116.html

I prefer open discussion anyway so it would be really great if you could
subscribe this mailing list, give a short introduction there and we sort
out any questions there.  Another candidate (as well a woman from Russia
- I wonder whether this is by chance or whether Russia is good in
educating in this field ... I'm originated from the former GDR so I have
some connection to Russia) has shown interest in writing a test suite for
bwa and I also suggested prodigal out of random since I recently touched
this package.  Another random pick would be the package murasaki which
I uploaded yesterday.

If you do not have any idea about Debian packaging that's no problem at
all - we can teach you on the list in a MoM project[1].  Your main
qualification is your bioinformatics background.  Feel free to ask any
question you might have on the list.

Looking forward to work together with you

     Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM