Re: please let ugene be autobuilt

Hi Matthia,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 10:42:50AM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 10:34:09AM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > ugene's license allows it to be auto-buildable, please whitelist it on
> > the buildd network.
> >
> > I'm uploading right now a version with XS-Autobuild: yes.
>
> and then I notice the current one already has it, so it's probably just
> missing the whitelist bit.

I admit *personally* I lost my motivation to ask for whitelisting.  If I
tried last time (several years ago - so this might have changed) it was
a longish process and I decided not to spent time in non-free software
but rather spent this time in the process of freeing this software.  As
far as I see the chances for Ugene might be not that bad but the package
itself needs more work to replace code copies of just packaged software.

Another similar candidate (even if no autobuild is needed since it is
Java) would be igv.  Both would be really nice to have in main Debian.

BTW, I'm not convinced that the less powerful architectures will be
happy about building ugene ...