Re: [MoM] Re: bart - tools for computational magnetic resonance imaging

Hi Andreas,

> For me the package is close to ready if I would understand why you
> insist on the empty dir usr/lib/bart/commands/.  I do not see any reason
> for this since in /usr only packages can / should write and a package
> that writes to this location would create the package itself.  Users
> should not write to /usr - so why leaving the empty dir there?
>
> Is your intention rather to create
>
>      /var/lib/bart/commands/
>
> and set apropriate permissions in a postinst script?

It was meant for system-wide add-ons installed by
other packages or compiled locally. But you are right,
another package could create it itself and locally compiled
stuff should go in /usr/local/...

So I removed it by having a debian patch. But it isn't
clear to me whether the change should also be reflected
directly in the master branch or only as a commit which adds
the patch in debian/patches/. The tools do not seem to
care...

Martin