Re: htsjdk

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 11:12:13AM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> I updated (locally) ngs-sdk to create Java bindings and get it created.
>
> I tried to use it with htsjdk for validation, but most of tests fail
> (though maybe not related to the Java lib itself).
> It ran 22704 tests, but 229 tests fail. It gonna be hard to debug....

In some packages (recently python-cogent) I decided to exclude parts of
the test suite.  This at least documents what tests are failing and puts
this on a todo list for later inspection.  My guess is that if we do not
provide the Debian packages people will install the software manually
without running the tests and might have the very same problems as in
the package without noticing.  Creating a bug report in addition with
something like "Please fix problems if full test suite is activated"
would raise the awareness of the issues which otherwise simply stay
hidden.

What do you think?