Re: RFS: qtltools -- Tool set for molecular QTL discovery and analysis

Hi, Dylan,

على الثلاثاء 29 تشرين الثاني 2016 ‫14:01، كتب Dylan:
> Hi,
>
> Package name: qtltools
>  QTLtools is a tool set for molecular Quantitative Trait Loci (QTL) discovery
>  and analysis. It allows user to go from the raw sequence data to collection of
>  molecular QTL in few easy-to-perform steps. QTLtools contains multiple methods
>  to prepare the data, to discover proximal and distal molecular QTL and to
>  finally integrate them with GWAS variants and functional annotations of the
>  genome.
>

> The package is ready for the review and the upload.

Many thanks for preparing this package. My comments:

* Rather than patch the include statements for libeigen in the source,
it is more sustainable to append -I/usr/include/eigen3 to CPPFLAGS in
debian/rules (using DEB_CPPFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND). This will save you
maintenance of a patch and provide more flexibility.

* I've been told by ftpmasters before that, if the authors simply say
"GPL" or provide no explicit GPL license statement besides simply
bundling the text of GPL-3, the license is to be recorded as /any/ GPL
version, i.e., GPL-1+. If we upload in the current state, we might get a
rejection for this reason.

* very minor: the folder debian/upstream.docs has data inside it rather
than documentation. Would you clarify this in README.source or use a
more intuitive name?

the build is taking a bit too long on the computer I'm using now, so I
would have to try on a more resourceful machine to fully test it out.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي