Orthanc for digital pathology

Dear all,

Last Saturday, the Orthanc project released initial support of DICOM for whole-slide microscopic imaging (digital pathology) [1]. This implementation tries and follows Supplement 145 [2].

The implementation notably provides a command-line tool to convert whole-slide images to DICOM, possibly using OpenSlide to decode proprietary file formats. It also provides a Web viewer of such possibly multi-gigapixel DICOM images, taking advantage of OpenLayers.

I have just packaged this framework for Debian Sid. The package is already uploaded to the Subversion repository of Debian Med [3]. I think it is reasonably lintian-proof.

Andreas, would it be possible for you to give a look at the package, and possibly upload it to the NEW queue if it looks OK to you? I thank you much in advance!

Cheers,
Sébastien-

PS: It would perhaps be a good idea to also migrate the package to git, as there are some DFSG modifications wrt. the upstream tarball.

[1] http://www.orthanc-server.com/static.php?page=blog#wsi
[2] ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/final/sup145_ft.pdf
[3] https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/orthanc-wsi/trunk/