Re: Macsyfinder Test Issues

Hi Canberk,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 03:53:59AM +0300, Canberk Koç wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I try to make a test for macsyfinder but when i try quick start guide like:
>
> macsyfinder --db-type unordered --sequence-db metagenome.fasta all
>
> it gives an error message like:
>
> ValueError: debian/macsyfinder/usr/share/macsyfinder/DEF: No such
> definition directory
>
> I control theres is a DEF directory in /usr/share i think developer gave
> path wrong.
> Is anybody came across something like that or this program have a bug ?

I admit that I wonder how these currently 25 regular users (according to
popcon) did not stumbled upon this.  You definitely hit a bug in the
packaging.  You should report this via

     reportbug macsyfinder

The cause is that in

   /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/macsypy/config.py

the temporary location that is used for packaging ended up hardcoded as

   debian/macsyfinder/usr/

I'll check how to fix this but a bug report seems apropriate here.

BTW, I'll also convert the packaging from SVN to Git as you prefer.

Bertrand, assuming that the source code is on Github I assume you are
fine with maintaining the package in Git (git.debian.org) as well,
right?

Canberk, I updated the list of packages that might deserve an
autopkttest.  Please note that njplot is specifically interesting
since I would like to publish the new packaging location in an
uploaded package and its popcon is also quite high.  Please let
me know if there might be problems with njplot.

     njplot (https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/njplot.git)
     macsyfinder
     dialign-t
     poa