Re: Remaining gcc-6 errors

On 09/09/16 16:48, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Gert,

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 05:13:01PM +0200, Gert Wollny wrote:
On 09.09.2016 15:54, Andreas Tille wrote:
   #831126 vxl: FTBFS with GCC 6: vcl_compiler.h:127:4: error: #error "Dunno about this gcc"
In the ITK embedded copy this is patched, but when I tried to apply the
patch to the stand-alone version I found out the last released stand-alon
version is way behind. I also don't see any reverse dependencies on
libvxl1.17v5 (apart from the -dev and -dbgsym packages).

Which makes me wonder whether it is useful to maintain the stand-alone
version.

I'm fine with droping vxl.

Any other opinions

      Andreas.

After a quick look at vxl upstream, it sounds like features are transitioned from ITK to vxl rather than the opposite. Since vxl is
playing catch-up, I don't see a compelling reason to use it as a
dependency downstream.

Besides, vxl has no rdepends in the archive currently, so better drop it
than spend valuable maintainer's time working on it.

Ghis