Re: FreeMedForms information

On 08/17/2016 12:37 AM, Eric Maeker wrote:

Hi everyone,

Firstly, excuse me for beeing so quiet these past few months.

I wanted to inform you that the FreeMedForms project is still alive and will release soon a 1.0 version after one year of testing and debugging.

The project has just been forked by Jérôme Pinguet.

Yes I did. I forked a GPLv3 software. I also maintained, debugged, upgraded and added new features to the code by myself for the last 14 months, without any help from you or anyone else. Also, don't forget to give due credit for the one year of debugging and testing. :)

The code and wiki are actually reproduced on one other website (a copy/paste effort).

Don't forget to mention who set up and administered the Debian VPS, who installed, upgraded, and maintained Apache 2, TLS certificates, Doxygen, phpBB and Dokuwiki and who wrote 90% of the contributions to the wiki for the past two years. The license of the wiki (GFDL) allows me to copy it.

As he tells me, he wanted to have his own soft for his commercial activities and that he will ignore open source users comments and wishes...

You are lying. You are spreading lies all over the Internet because you cannot accept that someone forked your free and open source project... this is getting embarrassing.

The FreeMedForms community will not support this fork and some members of the community asked me to bannish Jérôme Pinguet.

I don't want to be part of your "community" anymore. I quit. That's precisely why I forked FreeMedForms.

Nothing is done yet. All his access to the community servers, wiki, forum, repositories are currently removed. I think he stole private data too.

You are throwing very serious accusations in public. Forking a GPL software is legal, slander is not. Please get some rest (and maybe some help) and think twice before going on with this useless smear campaign. It is doing harm to both of us.

There is a threat, he will probably not respect the GPL license terms.

You are probably having a meltdown and I feel sorry for you...

I have no problem with the GPLv3 license terms. I have no problem with the fact that you wrote 80% of the code. I have no problem with keeping your copyright notice untouched in every file of the fork forever. All the code I am writing, non profit and for profit, is free and open source and published on public repositories... what about yours? If you ever find more than 12 lines of code that I wrote and that are not free software and publicly accessible on the web, I will offer you your weight in bananas. I am a hardcore free software activist. I love freedom. I love forking and I would love being forked. I love sharing. What about you?

Open source can lead to such a situation, I hope we will find the best way to figure this.

True. Open source can lead to people exercising their rights as free software users and developers. Sit back, relax and read the definitions of the four freedoms again. The best way to figure this out is to ask yourself why you end up being alone in your open source community despite being an excellent coder, but the Debian Med mailing list is NOT the right place for introspection. I wish we could talk about this on FreeMedForms' mailing lists but you excluded me after sending several similar messages...

For sure, the FreeMedForms project is still alive and will pursue its efforts !

I am sorry for this off topic message but I couldn't let this slanderous email unanswered.

Eric, I think you should stop this act, you are only making a fool of yourself.

I forked your free and open source project, get over it.

Freely,
Éric
https://www.maeker.fr/
https://www.freemedforms.com/

Jérôme Pinguet
https://freehealth.io
https://freemedsoft.com
https://github.com/FreeHealth/freehealth
--
OpenPGP / GPG key: 0x14B7E62420E51038
I encrypt emails with GPG, Thunderbird & Enigmail.