Re: Description for lefse tools (Was: Origin of data files in MetaPhLan2)

Hi Andreas,
However the hint ot hclust2[1] is helpful.  Unfortunately I can not find
any description for this software.  Since you might have some influence on
this it would be great to provide a hint where I can find a description for
a potential package.
hclust2 is used to plot heat-maps and not directly used in metaphlan2.py or strainphlan.py. In other words, metaphlan2 does not depend tightly on this tool. However, I will update the wiki page later.

> and here for strainphlan (another brother tool uses the same database with
> metaphlan2 and both are in the same repository and should go together,
> strainphlan is in strainphlan.py and metaphlan2 is in metaphlan2.py):
> https://bitbucket.org/biobakery/metaphlan2#markdown-header-pre-requisites_1

Well, the download file for metaphlan2 version 2.5 has strainer_src and
metaphlan2_strainer.py - is this what you mean?
Yes, strainer_src is now strainphlan_src and metaphlan2_strainer.py is now strainphlan.py. As I mentioned before, it is better to use the latest version of the repository now because the tutorial now fits with the new names:
https://bitbucket.org/biobakery/metaphlan2#markdown-header-metagenomic-strain-level-population-genomics

and we may not change them again :).

Thanks,
Tin