Re: Status of seqan

Hi Andreas,

On 15:46 20/07, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:48:18PM +1000, Kevin Murray wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I will see what I can do in this. Fixing up libzstd and seqan are next on my
> > list of debian things to do. PhD stuff is still talking up nearly all of my
> > time, but I'll do my best to have something reviewable by the end of the
> > weekend.
>
> What's the issue with libzstd?  Could we help?  I simply feel incompetent
> with seqan and would prefer to avoid touching it if possible.

There were many complex merge conflicts between master and upstream. It was
actually a lot easier to resolve than I expected. It's now ready for review.
However, it would be great if someone could take a close look at the package,
particularly to ensure that the source is exactly what upstream provides (I've
tried to check this with git, and I think I got it right, but more experienced
eyes may differ).

> > Shall we start with a "simple" libseqan2-dev package with the latest upstream
> > version (2.2.0)? I'll see if I can build on Michael's work in the seqan2
> > package.
>
> Yes, please keep it as simple as possible (but not simpler :-P ).

Working on this now. There are already a couple of errors, so we'll see how I
go. I'll try to push early and often, so don't assume that the repo is in a
working state :).

Cheers,

---
Kevin Murray