Re: [r-cran-rngtools] 01/01: Cleaned debian directory

Hi Alba,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 09:13:50PM +0200, Alba Crespi wrote:
> > I added some missing (Build-)Depends to r-cran-rngtools.  Since this
> > Depends from pkgmaker we need to upload this first.
>
> Thanks!

You are welcome.

> Even if you can guess the start is 2010, it is not certain. And even in the
> event that this is true, we don't know who is the copyright folder, can be
> the upstream maintainer (most likely) but there might be other people
> involved or even can be the institution where he is working for.

There might be always some information missing on the sources where you
are looking for it.  So you take the given information and put it into
debian/copyright at the best you can.  If somebody later claims
additional rights, well, then we should add it.

> However if
> you don't think it is a big issue, and if you think we can carry on anyway,
> please feel free to upload this package too.

Do you have any ITP number?

> > Did I overlooked something?  If not I'd upload as soon as r-cran-registry
> > is available in unstable.  I also added some missing (Build-)Depends).
> >
> > > I also have started r-cran-nmf, which I should have ready today probably.
> >
> > Fine.  Productive DebConf.  ;-)
> >

> :) this is on alioth now, so you whenever you have time, please double
> check it and uploaded please.

Hmmm, lots of (Build-)Depends are missing - specifically it Depends from
the packages you mentioned above.  Not mentioned was r-cran-gridbase
which is also needed.  I wonder whether you try to build your packages
in a pbuilder environment.  If not, you should definitely.  This very
simply tells you what packages are needed to build.  Please re-read
Debian Med policy (or ask the friendly person next to you in the
hackspace ;-)) how to use pbuilder and make sure you will use it in
future.  For this package I have added the needed dependencies.

> > Once all of the mentioned packages are done I will update r-cran-igraph
> > and
> > > consequently r-cran-phangorn.
>

> Just to make it clear, the packages for which I need sponsor for are:
> r-cran-registry
> r-cran-rngtools
> r-cran-pkgmaker
> r-cran-nmf

OK, we obviously need to do this step by step and we also need
r-cran-gridbase.

> > Freezing on Spanish or on Scotish scale? :-P
> >
> > Gunnar just wrote me that nobody was swimming in the Ocean up to now.
> > Its a shame that I'm not there. ;-)
> >

> Well, it's winter and there is no central heating, but no snow nor ice :(
> so not really *too* cold....

OK, Winter without heating might be a bit nasty. :-)

> > Tomorrow I'll go with my bicycle to my children (hey you have daytrip as
> > well, havn't you?)  From there I have a better connection to see live
> > streams more reliable (my home is quite badly connected).  And for sure
> > I have my cute grandchild
>
> yeah! Tomorrow day out, I'll go to Cape Point and hopefully we'll be lucky
> and see some of the lovely animals here.

Ahhh swimming with penguins then? :-P

> Enjoy your family!

Thanks.

Hope you all enjoy the trip