Re: Sponsoring request: libgtextutils; - next package I'll work on: libbpp-core

Am Mittwoch, den 29.06.2016, 17:24 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:

> there is another UNRELEASED changelog entry from Fabian Klötzl who
> has not created a quilt patch but directly changed the source:

Oh, I completely overlooked this, because the given fix is just wrong:

> -       return input_stream ;
> +       return static_cast<bool>(input_stream) ;

If this compiles, then the result will always be true, because
input_stream, as a static variable (as in "not a pointer") is never 0.

> Gert's quilt patch is now changing this changed source which fails to
> build.
>
> Fabian, in future could you please:
>
>    1. Use quilt for patches
>    2. Make some noise about your fix to prevent others doing
>       the same work twice (if you did some noise but nobody
>       was hearing - please make noise again and sorry if we
>       did not respond).
>
> While I could easily merge things I wonder what might be "the better
> way to fix the issue"?

I tries to merge this, but it creates some strange patch "debian-all".

Well I'll figure it out, now I have to go.

Best,
Gert