Re: Galaxy project producing their own Debian packages

Hellom

على الثلاثاء 28 حزيران 2016 ‫04:51، كتب Nate Coraor:
> On Tuesday, June 28, 2016, Afif Elghraoui <afif@debian.org
> <mailto:afif@debian.org>> wrote:
>     على الإثنين 27 حزيران 2016 ‫12:04، كتب Michael Crusoe:
>     > Python packages that need packaging:
>     >
>     > bx-python
>     [...]
>
>     I had started some packaging work on bx-python as a dependency for
>     pbtranscript, but that seems not to be a dependency anymore, so I didn't
>     pursue it. In any case, bx-python development looks to me to have
>     stopped. I didn't find upstream very responsive either [1] (based on a
>     communication attempt and lack of activity on bitbucket). I started some
>     packaging, but it will need some hacking to work. I can push what I have
>     if anyone is interested in it.
>

> bx-python development moved to Github, you should see more action there:
>
>  https://github.com/bxlab/bx-python

Ah, thanks; I totally missed that.

> It should be straightforward to package. In case the documentation
> doesn't say so, numpy is a build dependency.

The problem I had was that the bitbucket version didn't seem to be
up-to-date with PyPI while the PyPI tarball didn't include the Cython
pyx/pyd sources. This shouldn't be an issue anymore with an up-to-date
repository.

>     > They also use a custom fork of pysam
>
>     What's the plan for this? Integrate the patches upstream or packaging
>     the fork?
>

> They should be upstreamed, but I don't know when this will happen.

Cool. I'm currently looking after the pysam Debian package and might be
able to help with that integration.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--