Re: Request for discussion: Is our Sprint more of a Mini-DebConf? What to have next?

On 16/06/16 09:56, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Steffen Möller
> <steffen_moeller@gmx.de <mailto:steffen_moeller@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     I was peeking into the one or other scientific collaboration of
>     mine to
>     invite them to our next Debian Med sprint. But I could not really tell
>     much about it, yet. Besides deciding where to convene next (which
>     to my
>     recollection is decided by someone saying loudly that he/she wants to
>     host us ... hello?)
>

> I have offered to host the next Debian Med sprint at TBD Black Sea
> resort near the city of Constanța, Romania.
Fine with me. Internet? Travel-time? It is 2h by car from Bukarest. Trains?
Knowing you in Belgium, how about Antwerpen? I'd have a direct flight,
even ;o)

>     we should possibly also lean back a bit and decide
>     if we want to change the one or other thing. This could start with the
>     name. In my perception what we are having is not so much a
>     problem-focused Sprint. It is more like many Sprints held at the same
>     time, spiked with educational bits and team building. This year
>     had this
>     twofold. It had it externally to Debian with the ELIXIR folks and
>     it had
>     it internally to Debian with the promotion of continuous integration
>     tests. Well done! I also liked this year's clear-cut extra day.
>

> +1 on expanding the event! I think calling it a mini debconf is fair.
>
> Remember: If we have backing from a COST action then travel support
> and accommodations costs would be covered for many people affiliated
> with European research institutions.
It would be neat to think of a DebConf and associated presentations as a
preparation
for a COST.

Steffen