Re: SSPACE-basic GitHub repository

Dear Sascha,
thanks for contacting me about the SSPACE-basic repository. The repository contains a copy of the "basic" version of SSPACE, which was released by Baseclear years ago under the GPL (v2 or later) and then discontinued. Then they removed all traces of this version from their website, as you have found out, but you can easily find mention of SSPACE basic on various forums, e.g.:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8350&page=8

SSPACE standard is a completely different version (at least license-wise).

The first commit of the repository

https://github.com/nsoranzo/sspace_basic/commit/652d24aa74a3b45774db43b3483e71e40572a553

contains an exact copy of the files I downloaded at the time from http://www.baseclear.com/download.php?file_id=1038 , the other commits are patches from me.

I'd very happy if you package SSPACE-basic and I'd happy to accept patches to make the software more "packageable" if needed.

Cheers,
Nicola

--
Nicola Soranzo, Ph.D.