Re: solution for testing migration for arch:all package with missing i386 deps

Hi, Sascha,

على الخميس  2 حزيران 2016 ‫03:45، كتب Sascha Steinbiss:
> I remember you had recently raised a discussion about circlator not
> being able to migrate to testing because of dependencies missing for
> i386. It now looks like ariba is stuck in the same situation [1]. It is
> also quite likely that this is probably going to be a common problem for
> any Python/Perl/... tool that depends on something like bwa, bowtie2 or
> spades, for example. This is a combination which I could imagine
> wouldn't be too uncommon, at least in our group.

Yes...also for anything depending on bcftools indirectly (like pysam).

> In the ML thread, Ansgar mentioned a manual override that would get the
> transition going in such cases [2] but I haven't been able to find out
> how this was finally resolved for circlator -- could you probably point
> me in the right direction?

Yes, it is basically just asking the release team for an exception.

Here is the thread where I negotiated for circlator:
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2016/04/msg00198.html>
This took longer because I had to explain why bwa, spades, and pysam
could not be built for i386.

And I had to ask for exceptions again (on 5/29) recently for pbh5tools
and smrtanalysis. That message does not appear in their list archives
(yet?) for some reason, but that process was very quick since the
reasons were already explained before.

regards
Afif

--