Re: solution for testing migration for arch:all package with missing i386 deps

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 11:45:10AM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> I remember you had recently raised a discussion about circlator not
> being able to migrate to testing because of dependencies missing for
> i386. It now looks like ariba is stuck in the same situation [1]. It is
> also quite likely that this is probably going to be a common problem for
> any Python/Perl/... tool that depends on something like bwa, bowtie2 or
> spades, for example. This is a combination which I could imagine
> wouldn't be too uncommon, at least in our group.
>
> In the ML thread, Ansgar mentioned a manual override that would get the
> transition going in such cases [2] but I haven't been able to find out
> how this was finally resolved for circlator -- could you probably point
> me in the right direction?

I've not checked circulator but IMHO a possible workaround would be to
"fake" an "Architectur: any" package and put the tool that is needed
also inside Build-Depends so the autobuilders do not even try to create
a package for this.  Not nice but the advantage would be that we can
control this on our own.  But I admit I'd prefer a "proper" solution in
any case.  I've added "Build-Depends" of tools that are not really neded
for the build for this reason to real "Architectur: any" packages which
fullfilled its purpose.