Re: Please provide release tags for Phast on Github and may be you could uncover Debian packaging code

Hi Ritika,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 05:40:45PM +0000, Ramani, Ritika wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
> Thank you so much for your message.

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

> I have tagged the releases on Github. Our last released version was v1.3 in March 2013. But we are planning on releasing a new version soon. I have tagged this version as pre-release v1.4 on Github so you can use that for the Debian mirror.

Thanks for the tagging and the information about the new version.

> We do have the source tarball for v1.3 available on the phast website if you select the source option. Here is the link to download the source for v1.3 - http://compgen.cshl.edu/phast/downloads/phast.v1_3.tgz

Fine.  May be it was just me.  The tagging on Github is perfectly
sufficient anyway.

> I had used the same v1.3 source code to package into debian with CLAPACK.
>
> How do you plan to add phast to the mirror considering it has the CLAPACK dependency?

Debian has the liblapacke-dev[1].  Is this any difference to CLAPACK? If
yes we need to package CLAPACK first.  I have not yet investigated into
this question.

> Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks, I'll do.

[1] http://www.netlib.org/lapack/