jh_build seeks in .pc folder (Was: Request for sponsoring: beagle)

Hi Debian Java experts,

I admit I have not checked myself but Dylan reports that jh_build seeks
in .pc folder which is wrong.  The package in question is in Git

    https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/beagle.git

Do you have any hint or is this a bug in jh_build?