Re: Biolinux - Packages Updates

Hi Raony,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 12:26:37AM +0100, Raony Guimaraes Corrêa Do Carmo Lisboa Cardenas wrote:
> I mainly do Python and R. I have previous experience with Perl, Java,
> Javascript and PHP. But mainly Python nowadays!
>
> I've been analyzing human genomes and exomes for the last 7 years. During
> my PhD studies in Bioinformatics I developed an online tool in Django for
> diagnosing patients with Mendelian Disorders.
>
> Unfortunately, my previous advisor did not let me publish the source code
> for this project before it is accepted by a peer review scientific journal.
> This process is on going and once it get's accepted, I will proudly publish
> the source code on github and think about preparing a package to submitting
> for debian-med, but that`s a long shot.

Thanks for the introduction.  The latter one would be really interesting
once it will be open sourced.

> I would like to do something similar to what Tim did with the Galaxy
> package on Biolinux, which sadly have not being updated in a very long time
> :(.

It would be interesting to have it in Debian.

> This is a package I would love see being submitted to Debian med in the
> future!

That would be great.

> Let me know if you think about some specific project that you believe I
> could be able to help.

I admit I have no better advise than before that you check what is in
BioLinux but missing in Debian - preferably a tool that you are really
missing.

> Just wanted to say that I`m here to stay.

That's nice. :-)