Re: Testing automatic mapping between the Elixir directory and Debian

Hi Petter,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 04:08:12PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> During the Elixir work meeting in Trondheim yesterday, I started in a
> tool to try to locate Debian packages for the entries in the Elixir
> Tools and data Services directory[1].  The result can be seen as a pull
> request on github[2].  It is using the homepage URL and name as a common
> key, and was able to identify 65 candiates.  Check the elixir2deb.txt
> file in git for the complete list.
>
> I suspect it is possible to find more candiates by looking at the source
> repository URL, but am unsure how to efficiently extract that URL from
> Debian.

thanks a lot.  I'll make up my mind how we could use this in our
metadata.  May be we could even autogenerate debian/upstream/edam files.
If there is any volunteer for this this would be great since on my todo
list are other tasks ranking higher.

PS: Petter and Michael: I've just completed my task in Chemnitz.  I need
    to ask Thorsten for the photo proof which is on his mobile. :-)