Ginkgo CADx free version, status?

Dear Carlos,

on the Debian-med list we were discussion the current status of the
program Ginkgo CADx in Debian, because it needs some work to be adapted
to new versions of DCMTK (3.6.1) and VTK (6.2).

Since no new free (as in LPGL-3) version was released since 2014 and
since Metaemotion has been acquired by "The Nielsen Company" we were
wondering if you are still working on this program and if there are
intentions to release an updated free version?

If you, that is "The Nielsen Company", have no intention to update the
free version we were considering to start a fork based on the last
published source code. Given that as Metaemotion you published the
software under the LGPL, I guess you don't mind, but there is one open
question:

Do you still sell (and develop) "Ginkgo CADx pro", and if not, would it
be okay if we continue the development of the free version of "Ginkgo
CADx" under this name?

(If you continue to sell and develop the "pro" version we would
certainly rename a fork, on one hand to not come into legal conflict
with The Nielsen Company over the possibly trademarked name, and on the
other hand, because both programs would diverge in their functionality,
and the "upgrade" to the "pro" version would no longer be a viable
option).

Many thanks,
Gert