Re: Odil (previously DCMTK++) 0.4.0

Hi Julien,

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 11:09:32AM +0100, Julien Lamy wrote:

> > I just did the necessary stuff.  You also need to should edit the config
> > file in the bare git repository at git.debian.org to have consistent
> > commit messages.  Please point your local clone to
> >
> >     ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/odil.git
>
> I updated description, and you had already taken care of config.

Fine.

> >> Yes, I might have gone over the top considering the early age of the
> >> package. Should I remove the old packages from the current
> >> debian/control?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Done.

OK.  I also added "Replaces" fields and uploaded - please git pull.

I also renamed the files in the pristine-tar branch (make sure you
pull all branches).

> >> If so, how is the removal of the old packages from the
> >> unstable archive performed?
> >
> > You file a bug
> >
> >      reportbug other
> >
> > select ftpmaster and ask for removal.  Its probably sensible to mention
> > that the new package is just a rename to have good chances that it passes
> > new quickly.  You can also ask for the removal of dcmtk++ *after* odil
> > was accepted.
>
> It seems more logical to me to ask for removal after the upload of the
> new package: is there any reason to prefer one to the other?

I share your sense of logic. ;-)  Just wait with the removal but until
odil will be accepted.

> >> Even if the old packages are removed from debian/control?
> >
> > Yes.  To make sure that a user who has the old packages installed will
> > deinstall these.
>
> Done. Should I also add a Replace field?

Just done (which seemed more straightforward to me than letting you do
this and wait for another cycle of mails ;-)).