Re: dcmtk build system

Hi Gert,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 01:20:53PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I notes that when you prepared the dcmtk 3.6.1  package you changed the
> build system to use cmake. Was there any specific reason for doing so
> or did it seem to you as just the simplest way to clean out the d/rules
> file?

Did I changed something?  Hmmmm, I do not remember.  Since I have no
cmake experience (see my constant asking cmake questions on
debian-mentors) I doubt that it was me and if so I must have had a
really strong reason (like someone targetting with a gun on me or so).

> I ask because I'm currently preparing insighttoolkit4, and it turns out
> that dcmtk.cmake file references libraries that force me to add many  *
> -dev packages that are not really required to build ITK, but are pulled
> in thanks to this dcmtk.cmake.
>
> I also notes that the new upstream snapshot builds for me when using
> their configure script, but not when I use the cmake build system.
>
> That said, if there is no specific reason other than convenience I'd
> move the package back to the configure build system when I try to
> package the new upstream version.

Do whatever sounds apropriate with the package.  I'd be super happy if I
never need to touch it again since it is in your skillful hands. :-)