In what version of Jellyfish has the database output format changed (Was: Kraken requires jellyfish version 1)

Hi Guillaume,

as you might know the Debian Med team is packaging Jellyfish for a
couple of releases.  After discussion with Derrick Wood the author of
Kraken[1] I learned that Jellyfish 2 has changed its output format.  To
enable Kraken working properly I decided to also package the latest
Jellyfish version 1 with the old output format.

So I checked out the latest jellyfish 1 version which is 1.5.5.  When
doing so I noticed that it contains a file

   jellyfish-2.0.pc.in

which leads to the installation of the following dynamic library

   /usr/lib/libjellyfish-2.0.so.2.0.0

Since I was not able to find any documentation about a change in the
output format (I admit I was seeking only inside the source code README
files not the web or the code itself) I'm now wondering in what exact
version the format change happened.  The bumped library version to 2.0
inside the Jellyfish 1.5.5 source package looks a bit suspicious to
me and before I do something wrong I'd like to ask.

[1] http://ccb.jhu.edu/software/kraken/