Re: [MoM] Re: Help with Debian packaging of DCMTK++

Hi Julien,

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 12:20:31PM +0200, Julien Lamy wrote:

> My SSH access is up and running. If I understand correctly, my next
> steps should be:
>
> 1. Submit the Intent to package

That#s the officialy suggested first step.  I have developed the habit
to do it a bit later if I can be sure that I will not face any problems
when packaging to make sure I will be really able to close the IRC bug.
Feel free to do it as first step but please add the Debian Med mailing
list in CC once

    reportbug --no-query-bts wnpp

(which is what I'm using) asks you for other mail addresses.

> 2. Create a git repository on Alioth, push the upstream repo to the
> upstream branch

To be clear here:  Usually we use

   gbp import-orig --pristine-tar <source_tarball>

If you mean this with "push the upstream repo" then yes.  There are
workflows where you can use a clone from upstream Git but this is way
less tested and not documented in our team.  Thus it would mean asking
for trouble which might nto be the best idea for the beginning.

> 3. Prepare my package in the master branch

Yes.

> 4. Notify the list when the package seems ready

In the best case yes - feel free to ask in between in case of any
trouble.

> Am I correct, or just going too fast?

No, perfect.