Re: About CommonTK (CTK) and Slicer4

Hi Gert,

As a Slicer user I recommend to use their pre-built binaries [http://download.slicer.org/] or to build the program from git master.
The project is fast moving, and it is essential to use up-to-date builds to take advantage of all available modules and 3rd party extensions.

Best
-Dominique

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Gert Wollny <gw.fossdev@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I had a look into what work needs to be done to packaging these.

CTK:

- the experimental package created by Mathieu and Dominique still used
  qt4 and vtk5
- I've managed to build the current upstream version against qt5 and
  vtk6, two small patches are required that I sent upstream [1]. Since
  so far no official version exists I'll wait a little that they
  integrate these patches and then move forward to create the new
  package.

Slicer:
- From what I could see it is still based on QT4 but requires VTK6,
  and the vtkRenderQT widget which comes with the QT5 flavor in sid.

Dominique your last work on this is from 2013, did you work on this
later on? Can you give me any pointers about difficulties with
slicer4?

Best,
Gert