Re: Live images [Fwd: Bits from the Debian Hamradio Maintainers]

Hi Iain,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:00:41AM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:

> I'm already looking at doing some images for Debian GIS and I'd be happy to
> look at extending this to Debian Med.

Cool (for both).

> Our current system for building live
> images is likely to change soon as we're looking at building Raspberry Pi
> and Beaglebone images too with the same unified system.

Sounds good.

> If anyone would like to discuss this, ping me an email and once we're at a
> point where we have an idea of what we're doing we can move forward.
>
> To see where the hamradio blend is currently, check out:
>
>   https://www.debian.org/devel/hamradio/
>
> I also have lots of other plans but I'm trying to perfect some frameworks
> using the hamradio blend as a "beta test" and then I'll look at rolling
> these out to other blends.

Thanks for doing this.  Its heavily appreciated.

> If anyone would like to meet up in person and do
> some blends hacking, I will be at the Mini DebConf in Cambridge, UK next
> month.

I'm seriously considering this but I'm afraid that real live will beat
me in this.

BTW, since I know that some people caring for installer will be there:
I'd consider the presentation of Blends tasks at install time (#758116)
a very important issue which should be implemented rather now (in the
alpha state of the installer) than later.  I have no time to care for
this but it might fall into what you might plan ...