Re: gcc-5 transition of GDCM

On August 5, 2015 03:29:30 PM Sébastien Jodogne wrote:

I will try hard to get the script into VCS tonight and then I will welcome
help in testing the builds on dependent packages.

Great! Let me know when things are ready.

OK.  The gccxml package is updated with a wrapper around castxml (the real
binary is renamed to gccxml.real).

Still working on testing build-deps with it.  Sadly, pygccxml fails :-(

-Steve
<signature.asc>

Hi

I was told someone mentioned pygccxml here :)

I am the current maintainer of the project (https://github.com/gccxml/pygccxml).
During the last months I worked on the integration of CastXML in pygccxml and I am
almost done. Basically, there were around 80 unit tests failing, and I am down
to 10 failing tests. The core unit tests are running, and ITK already uses pygccxml
internally. So as long as one does not do fancy stuff, it should be ok.

I delayed the new release in the hope to be able to fix the remaining tests; but this
takes a lot of time (as I did not write pygccxml in the first place, I am discovering
the code). But I think there is some pressure to release a new version with basic
support so people can start using it. I even heard from 1 or 2 people which are using
the current unstable version in combination with pyplusplus to build their project
using CastXML instead of GccXML.

I will publish a new pygccxml version (1.7.0) in the next weeks. The package name
will not change, and is backwards compatible with gccxml. I will temporarily disable
the failing tests when running with CastXML.

Please tell me if I need to notify someone when the new version is out or if there
is something I can to to help the packaging. pygccxml will also be available
through pip.

Regards

Michka