Re: gcc-5 transition of GDCM

On August 4, 2015 07:19:14 PM Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> > > As a consequence, I would like to know when updated versions of the
> > > libgdcm2.4 and libgdcm2-dev packages built with gcc-5 will be available
> > > in
> > > the repositories. Is this information available somewhere?
> >
> > If you read the Debian Med mailing list you might have noticed Steve's
> > status update[1].  The short answer is:  If you will help fixing #777868
> > /  #791508 it might happen faster.
>
> Sorry, I continuously monitor Debian Med mailing list, but I had not
> understood that Steve's post was also related to GDCM.

It was only incidentally related, in that GDCM build-depends on gccxml, which
I'm trying to replace by a wrapper around castxml.  I was doing so because of
things like the above-mentioned bugs.

I didn't try, but I was under the impression that gdcm does not build with gcc
5 -- because of gccxml issues.  But you say you rebuilt gdcm by hand?  Did you
build the entire Debian package or just the C++ libraries?

> Steve, I have no experience with ITK, but is there some help I can provide
> you on the "gccxml" and "gdcm" side of things?

I will try hard to get the script into VCS tonight and then I will welcome
help in testing the builds on dependent packages.

-Steve