Re: Qt 4.8.6 and/or Qt 5.3.2 for Debian Med packages

On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 05:58:09PM +0200, Jérôme Pinguet wrote:

> What are the current requirements for a Debian Med package concerning
> Qt? Can we switch to Qt5.3.2 only while still meeting Debian and
> Debian-Med quality standards?

For clarification Debian Med is a subproject (=Blend) of Debian so
we do not have different standards than Debian.

I personally (nor the majority of Debian Med members as far as I know)
are well educated about Qt vesions and requirements.  I'd say if it
builds and runs without errors with Qt5 - that would meed the Debian
standard.

> We have just released FreeMedForms 0.9.6 source code package and we will
> be glad to start working as soon as possible on the new Debian Med
> package because the current package (version 0.9.4) has a nasty bug
> which prevents its installation with MySQL server. Only the SQLite
> single user installation is working.

Uhmmm, this bug should be reported in the bug reporting system using

        reportbug freemedforms-project

and fixed quickly.