Copenhagen offered to host upcoming Debian Med Sprint - alternative suggestions?

Hello,

at this year's ISMB in Dublin (two weeks ago) in ran into the friendly folks
of the Copenhagen ELIXIR node and associates, some of which attended the
Southport sprint. They are planning for a hackathon to foster their catalog
of bioinformatics tools  and services in January and ... well ... somehow
the immediate idea surfaced that we could possibly team up, i.e. have their
Hackathon during the week and our Sprint immediatly following that weekend
for the obvious symbiosis also from a funding perspective.

Any additional insights / ideas / thoughts from your sides?

The next ISMB is in Orlando, Florida. I cannot tell if I am going at the
very moment. But after a look at the not so ultimately impressive booths
on at the ISMB this year, I had thought, and actually folks suggested it
to me, that a Debian Med booth (as in a Debian + Bio-Linux joint demonstration
of what wealth of packages is available at one's fingertips) may
be rather neat, indeed. The exact planning of such an event should  possibly
be a topic of the Sprint.

Best,

Steffen